Thursday 26 June 2014

18th June 2014 - Loch Tummell

Sam's Place, Foss, Loch Tummell
18th June 2014


One of my main musical partners, guitarist Sam Gifford, told me that our old friend Tom Allsop was up from Northumbria, so I drove up to Sam's place on the banks of Loch Tummell and spent a few hours playing and talking mandolins and acoustic music. With Neil on Cittern, Sam on guitar and Tom and me on mandolins, we created some brilliant noises! Tom had brought some tasty instruments up, and I spent most of the time playing a wonderful Heiden mandolin while Tom played his rather nice Vanden. We challenged each other, accompanied each other, played some of the mighty tunes, and enjoyed ourself making music together in the beautiful sunshine. A lovely way to spend the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment